Top 10 Reasons Keys Put Your Business at Risk
Do you use keys to secure your business? If the answer is yes, you may be exposing your business to an uneccessary security risk.
The following is a list of 10 reasons keys might be a liability at your company.
• You aren’t restricting keys to those who actually need them.
• You don’t keep complete, up to-date records of the disposition of all office keys
• You lack procedures for collecting keys from terminated employees
• You fail to mark all keys with “Do Not Duplicate” to prevent legitimate locksmiths from making copies without your knowledge
• Keys are often left unguarded on desks
• Unauthorized personnel may report a “lost key” and receive a “replacement”
• You do not routinely remove numbers on all keys to prevent unauthorized duplication
• You did not assign one responsible person to be in charge of issuing all keys
• Keys are not systematically stored in a secured cabinet
• You fail to keep a record showing issuance and return of every key, including name of person, date and time
If any of these apply to you, you are putting your business at great risk. The question is: are you ready to really solve the problem of multiple keys? This is what we recommend – You Should Consider Keyless Entry for Your BusinessYour business is your livelihood. You want to keep it safe, and have peace of mind when it comes to security of your assets.Managed access control, or keyless entry, is one of the easiest, most cost-effective ways for you to increase security. With traditional lock and key, you are putting your business at risk. Keys can be lost, stolen, or copied, and locks can be picked, bumped, or compromised. With a keyless entry system, you can prevent these things from happening and keep your business secure from intruders.
There are many advantages to keyless entry including convenience and monitoring. No longer do you have to worry about fumbling with keys during inclement weather, or trying to remember whether or not you locked the door when you left. Sonitrol’s Access Control Security is not only integrated with all our other Security Technologies, but our Central Monitoring Station manages the integrated access control. Access doors can be programmed to be open on certain shifts. If our intrusion system is armed the doors will not unlock. This means if employees do not show up for work the doors will not unlock until the security system is disarmed. If employees leave early and arm the security system the doors will lock. You always have peace of mind that your business is locked up and secured.
Control & Monitor
An important benefit of these keyless entry systems is that you can monitor the activity in your business. You can track who enters which areas and when, and keep tabs on your employees at all times. When an employee leaves and forgets to turn in a traditional key, you might end up resorting to costly locksmiths. With a keyless entry system, you can remotely deactivate any employee’s fob or keycard easily. There is no need to have employees remember codes or passwords. You can control access and program permissions so that only authorized personnel are given access to certain areas, and you can change or revoke these permissions at any time.You can also easily grant temporary access to visitors or vendors without worrying about compromising restricted areas.
Benefits of Sonitrol Managed Access Systems
• Decreases your liability and risk
• Controls building entry and exit
• Reduces user/employee-caused false alarms
• Limits access to sensitive areas
• Provides detailed entry and exit reports
• Controls HVAC, parking lot lights
• Locks doors on a programmed schedule
• Reduces the need for onsite security personnel
• Eliminates the cost of re-keying or changing locks
• Accommodates as many different schedules as you need.
• Allows for temporary access by visitors, consultants and others.
Early detection, verification, comprehensive coverage, access control – Sonitrol makes it easy for you to meet all of your security and safety needs. We also back every system with a commitment to service that includes service and satisfaction guaranteed. We also include a performance warranty so you have one less thing to worry about.
For more information, contact Joe Allen, Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley at email@example.com or (302) 652-3060.